If you would like to book a practitioner then please click on the button below to be taken to our online booking system.
Pregnancy Massage, Crawley, West Sussex
What is a Pregnancy massage?
Prenatal massage has been practiced for thousands of years, to support mothers physically, mentally and spiritually through the challenges of childbirth. This type of massage will relieve aches and pains, reduce stress and decrease swelling in expectant and new mothers. This massage is not available for women still in their first trimester. You will need to obtain consent, this can be verbal, from your midwife or GP as to the suitability of the treatment prior to it’s performance.
Who would benefit from a Pregnancy massage?
Women who are experiencing anxiety, back and neck pain, joint swelling or disrupted sleep. People who may choose to select this treatment:
- Pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.
- New mothers.
- Experiencing aches and swelling.
- Want to feel calm and supported.
Unfortunately, if you are in your first three months of pregnancy you will not be able to book a massage through us. If you are more than thirteen weeks pregnant (2nd trimester), you should still seek advice from a healthcare professional before starting treatment.
People who should not choose a Pregnancy massage:
- Still in the 1st trimester
- Have a history of miscarriage or high-risk pregnancy.
- Are prone to blood clots.
- Experiencing cramping or bleeding.
- General contraindications following a C-section.
Pregnancy massage potential benefits
- Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints and surrounding musculature.
- Increases blood circulation to both mother and foetus.
- Relieves discomfort caused by pregnancy, including lower back pain, varicose veins, constipation heartburn.
- Stabilises hormonal levels, and soothes the nervous system.
- Enhances the pliability of skin.
- Prepares the mother-to-be for an easier delivery.
- Provides expecting women with emotional support and a nurturing touch.
During your Pregnancy treatment
Your therapist may use bolsters to support you. They will use long, slow strokes and kneading movements in tense areas, with special attention paid to the head, neck and face for a full body experience. We do not massage your abdomen at any time.
After your Pregnancy massage
Your therapist can advise you on self-massage techniques and stretching sequences, so you can prolong the positive effects of your treatment. Booking regular massages throughout and following your pregnancy will help to ease your body as it adjusts and recovers.
LET’S GET STARTED
We’re here to help answer your questions. Holistic healing can be a new experience for many people and we can help take away the mystery of it.
We take great pride in using our expertise for you and look forward to hearing from you.