If you would like to book a practitioner then please click on the button below to be taken to our online booking system.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Crawley, West Sussex
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is an advanced therapy in which the practitioner uses a range of specialised and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow.
This stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances vital to the defence of the body and removes waste products. The first visit will include a consultation during which the therapist will recommend the number and frequency of future sessions. Each session will last approximately one hour. Where appropriate the therapist will work in conjunction with your medical practitioner.
What are the benefits?
MLD is both preventative and remedial and can enhance your well being. Furthermore, MLD:
- Is deeply relaxing
- Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains and lessens pain.
- Can improve many chronic conditions: sinusitus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, acne and other skin conditions.
- May strengthen the immune system as part of “detox” treatment.
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- Is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphoedema (which may occur after cancer treatment) and assists in conditions arising from venous insufficiency.
- Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars.
- Minimises or reduces stretch marks.
- Can be used to speed healing after cosmetic surgery.
Lymphatic drainage could:
- reduce the chance of you suffering from minor colds and viruses; it helps your body fight off infection, and speeds up healing and recovery from illness
- help reduce water retention; for instance, because the lymph system has no pump, if you sit for a long time without moving, the lymph can’t flow easily — this is why you may experience swollen feet or fingers
- boost weight loss, as improving the lymphatic system will improve your metabolic rate, which helps you burn calories more efficiently.
Manual lymphatic drainage is also used in the treatment of lymphoedema.
Lymphatic drainage massage can improve your skin texture by:
- reducing swelling, puffiness and blotches
- giving you clean, healthy pores
- speeding up healing in scar tissue, so it may, for example, improve the appearance of stretch marks
- helping to reduce cellulite; the massage increases blood flow and circulation to the affected areas, which helps the body break down the toxins which cause dimply skin.
Always tell your therapist in advance if you are, or think you might be, pregnant, have any medical conditions or are receiving any treatment or medication, have recently had an operation, or are allergic to anything.
If you are diagnosed with any form of cancer and receiving chemotherapy/radiotherapy treatment we will require written consent from your GP/ Consultant prior to offering any Massage Treatment, other treatments may be available without consent please check with us. This is a requirement of our Insurance company.
LET’S GET STARTED
We’re here to help answer your questions. Holistic healing can be a new experience for many people and we can help take away the mystery of it.
We take great pride in using our expertise for you and look forward to hearing from you.