Crawley, West Sussex
Prenatal massage has been practiced for thousands of years, to support mothers physically, mentally and spiritually through the challenges of childbirth. This type of massage will relieve aches and pains, reduce stress and decrease swelling in expectant and new mothers. This massage is not available for women still in their first trimester. You will need to obtain consent, this can be verbal, from your midwife or GP as to the suitability of the treatment prior to it’s performance.
Who would benefit from a Pregnancy massage?
Women who are experiencing anxiety, back and neck pain, joint swelling or disrupted sleep. People who may choose to select this treatment:
- Pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.
- New mothers.
- Experiencing aches and swelling.
- Want to feel calm and supported.
Unfortunately, if you are in your first three months of pregnancy you will not be able to book a massage through us. If you are more than thirteen weeks pregnant (2nd trimester), you should still seek advice from a healthcare professional before starting treatment.
People who should not choose a Pregnancy massage:
- Still in the 1st trimester
- Have a history of miscarriage or high-risk pregnancy.
- Are prone to blood clots.
- Experiencing cramping or bleeding.
- General contraindications following a C-section.
- Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints and surrounding musculature.
- Increases blood circulation to both mother and foetus.
- Relieves discomfort caused by pregnancy, including lower back pain, varicose veins, constipation heartburn.
- Stabilises hormonal levels, and soothes the nervous system.
- Enhances the pliability of skin.
- Prepares the mother-to-be for an easier delivery.
- Provides expecting women with emotional support and a nurturing touch.
Your therapist may use bolsters to support you. They will use long, slow strokes and kneading movements in tense areas, with special attention paid to the head, neck and face for a full body experience. We do not massage your abdomen at any time.
Your therapist can advise you on self-massage techniques and stretching sequences, so you can prolong the positive effects of your treatment. Booking regular massages throughout and following your pregnancy will help to ease your body as it adjusts and recovers.
MEET YOUR THERAPIST
Liz TubbITEC Dip, MGHT
My name is Liz Tubb and I am a Complimentary Therapist with ITEC diplomas in Holistic Massage, Indian Head Therapy and Anatomy & Physiology. I am also a Reiki Master and an Angelic Reiki practitioner.
I continue to update my skills in Continuous Professional Development (CPD’s) and also offer Hot Stone therapy, Deep tissue massage, Pregnancy massage, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Indian Head Massage, Thai foot massage, Accusound and Crystal Therapies.
I have been a therapist since 2006 and volunteer at St Catherine’s Day Hospice in Crawley providing Reiki for cancer patients as well as Reiki and massage for their carers.
I tailor treatments to meet individual needs and may use one or more therapies to achieve this at no extra charge. I am passionate about my job and aim to do my very best so that you leave feeling calm, relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated/uplifted.
I am a member of The Guild of Holistic Therapists